Thursday, July 7, 2022

The Moon Did Play

 



The moon came out to enjoy the day.

Amongst the cotton-candy sunset, he did play.

Glowing brightly, catching his friend’s ray,

Then tossing it back, his celestial talent was on display.


So tonight I caught a poem. I was sitting in my backyard when I turned around for a second and noticed the half moon glowing in the daylight sky. A thought popped into my head-“ The moon came out to enjoy the day.” Then the next rhyming line just flowed. I was not intending to write a poem but I immediately grabbed my journal and started writing. The words just flowed out. I love when this happens! Such a great way to end this lovely summer night.  

Honestly, in my opinion, today was the perfect summer day. It was a glorious blue sky, full sunshine, no humidity, high 70 degree day. The moon had the right idea. Who wouldn’t want to play and enjoy this gift of a day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...