Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Come Out and Enjoy the Day



"Come out and enjoy the day!"

chirps the chickadee perched on my deck rail,

head turning from side to side trying to hold me in its gaze.


"Come out and enjoy the day!"

beckons the squirrel investigating the snowless deck,

bounding over to my French doors, glancing in to invite me to join him.


"Come out and enjoy the day!"

herald the first yellow blossoms of Spring

pooling in a thatch of gold amongst the brown.


"Come out and enjoy the day!"

call the sunbeams

dancing across the screen of my laptop.


RSVP'ing to the invitations... out the door I go.


This 2nd day of Spring is definitely calling me to go outside and enjoy it. I had no inspiration to write then sitting here looking out the window it came to me. The squirrel, chickadee, flowers and sun know how wonderful this Springy day is and want to share it with this human. I thank them for the reminder to celebrate their gorgeous day. Turning the computer off and out the door I go.

2 comments:

  1. Out the door is always a good choice!
    I too, was out enjoying the day yesterday. Nice piece, Cath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just home from the grocery store. Your words are encouraging me to get out the door. I love how you used the color for each stanza. Enjoy! Thanks for the beautiful pic.

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...