Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Progressive Poem 2023 Continues... Day 20

 

                                                        Photo credit: Margaret Simon, Reflections on the Teche.

The Progressive Poem tradition was started by author Irene Latham. It is now under the inspired helm of Margaret Simon who has organized the event during the last few years. A poem is passed from blog to blog each day in April. Each line is contributed by a different author. The only stipulation is that it is written for children. By the end of the month, a poem completed by thirty individuals awaits us all. Thank you, Irene and Margaret, for your inspiration to create the Progressive Poem and continue its tradition during National Poetry Month. This is my first year participating and am honored to add my line to the poem. I have so enjoyed watching its creation day by day.

The poem thus far:

Suddenly everything fell into place
like raindrops hitting soil and sinking in.
 
When morning first poked me, I’d wished it away
my mind in the mist, muddled, confused.
 
Was this a dream or reality, rousing my response?
The sun surged, urging me to join in its rising,
 
Rising like a crystal ball reflecting on morning dew.
I jumped out of bed, ready to explore the day.
 
My feet pull me outside and into the garden
Where lilies and bees weave…but wait! What’s that?
 
A bevy of bunnies jart and dart and play in the clover. 
A dog barks and flash, the bunderstorm is over.
 
I breathe-brave, quiet. Like a seed,
as the day, foretold in my dream, ventured upon me. 
 
Sunbeams guided me to the gate overgrown with wisteria
where I spotted the note tied to the gate.                                                                                                
As I reached the gnarled gate, pollen floated like fairy dust into my face. Aaah Choo! 
Enter, if you must. We’ve been waiting for you.
Not giving the curious note a thought, I pushed the gate open and ran through. 
Stopped in my tracks, eyes wide in awe- can this really be true? (my line)

Process: Carol Labuzzetta added the excitement of bursting through the gate. I thought about the idea of revealing who was waiting but felt it was a bit to early to answer that. Nothing was popping into my mind as to who or what would be waiting so instead I decided to write about how it felt at the first moment of seeing it. 
This poem continues tomorrow with Sarah Grace Tuttle at  https://www.sarahgracetuttle.com/blog.
Progressive Poem Schedule
April 1 Mary Lee Hahn, Another Year of Reading
April 2 Heidi Mordhorst, My Juicy Little Universe
April 3 Tabatha, The Opposite of Indifference
April 4 Buffy Silverman
April 5 Rose Cappelli, Imagine the Possibilities
April 6 Donna Smith, Mainely Write
April 7 Margaret Simon, Reflections on the Teche
April 8 Leigh Anne, A Day in the Life
April 9 Linda Mitchell, A Word Edgewise
April 10 Denise Krebs, Dare to Care
April 11 Emma Roller, Penguins and Poems
April 12 Dave Roller, Leap Of Dave 
April 13 Irene Latham Live You Poem 
April 14 Janice Scully, Salt City Verse
April 15 Jone Rush MacCulloch
April 16 Linda Baie TeacherDance
April 17 Carol Varsalona, Beyond Literacy Link
April 18 Marcie Atkins
April 19 Carol Labuzzetta at The Apples in My Orchard 
April 20 Cathy Hutter, Poeturescapes
April 21 Sarah Grace Tuttle at Sarah Grace Tuttle’s Blog, 
April 22 Marilyn Garcia
April 23 Catherine at Reading to the Core
April 24 Janet Fagal, hosted by Tabatha, The Opposite of Indifference
April 25 Ruth, There is no Such Thing as a God-Forsaken Town
April 26 Patricia J. Franz, Reverie
April 27 Theresa Gaughan, Theresa’s Teaching Tidbits
April 28 Karin Fisher-Golton, Still in Awe Blog
April 29 Karen Eastlund, Karen’s Got a Blog
April 30 Michelle Kogan Illustration, Painting, and Writing


 

 



9 comments:

  1. New adventures, awe, and rhyming! Thanks for participating. I hope you enjoyed being a part of this project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so enjoyed being part of this project. I am grateful that Heather Morris suggested it to me.

      Delete
  2. Love it! I wonder what Sarah Grace will have our character see?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what can it be? Love the mystery continued, now for Sarah Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun to catch up with the progressive poem--love your wide-eyed line!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is wonder and surprise in your line, Cathy. Glad you joined in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a short-lived bolt through the gate! It must be something quite surprising...thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, I like what you did with your line! I think your timing is perfect. Now, something can be revealed! Good luck to Sarah, tomorrow! Glad you are participating! - Carol Labuzzetta

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is getting close to my day, so I am glad to see what you wrote, Cathy. Suspense!! Hmmmm what next. I have always enjoyed watching the poem evolve and I am later in the list this year than before so now it is getting pretty interesting!!! Glad you joined in this year! Janet Clare F. guest blogging my line at Tabatha's blog. I am a blogless poetry Friday friend and can be found frequently under Janet Clare on fb.

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...