Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Filling My Rising to My Rest











our sun rising through cotton candy sky

dew drops glistening along blades of grass

birds announcing the arrival of a new day

- Oh the beauty of an earthen morn!


white puffs peppering the cerulean sky

sunflowers heads seeking the light 

bees dancing their way from bloom to bloom

- Oh the beauty of an earthen noon!


sunset masterpiece fading to periwinkle

wind whispering a lullaby

rabbits grabbing grass mouthful by mouthful

-Oh the beauty of an earthen twilight!


blackness glittering with infinite stars

fireflies decorating with yellow bursts of light

rest filling the moments with silence

-Oh, the beauty of an earthen night!


Filling my rising to my rest with your beauty, 

thank you Earth.


This poem was written to a prompt from Solace and Connection by Leigh Anne Eck, http://adayinthelifeof19b.blogspot.com/2023/04/solace-connection-4.html to write a poem about the beauty of the earth. I tried to capture the small bits of beauty that fill my days. I am so grateful that moments of beauty exist all day long. 








 


2 comments:

  1. I love how your repeated lines take us through your day and how the last line wraps it all up from rising to rest! Lovely imagery.

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...