Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Oh Yes, Mother Nature, I Enjoyed Your Sample Spring!


Gray slab of boulder - - wonderful perch to take in the view.

Cool wind whimpering my clothes -- branches dancing in Spring celebration.


Sunshine warming my back -- surfing across the tops of waves.

A woosh-swoosh- pause water song -- waves meeting the curvy C's of shore.


Multi-colored nature litter -- crushed shells and pebble debris.


Naked, smooth tree branch -- shipwrecked on the beach

Lone seagull rollercoastering -- rising, diving between sea and sky.

Gray, then royal blue, then deep navy --- lake colors from shore to horizon baby blue sky.


Location: Lake Ontario

Date: April 1st

Time: 1:30

Season: Spring

Mother Nature sure played an April Fool's joke in my neck of the woods. We had about 4 hours of loveliness- 70 degrees, sunshine and clear blue sky before the winds of change brought winter back to our door. It was 25 the next day. I made sure to get out and enjoy those hours. These observations were made while sitting on a boulder looking out over Lake Ontario in response to the "Begin Where You Are" prompt from Solace and Connection. 







6 comments:

  1. I love how you added the pictures to your poem. Some of my favorite words: "pebble debris" "nature litter". I didn't use the suggested prompt, but I have loved reading the ones who did. I may have to go back and write to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciated the prompt. It made me sit longer on the boulder and really notice what was around me. I tuned in to small things I would not have noticed otherwise. Thanks for the prompt.

      Delete
  2. Great images in your photos and words… dancing branches, tree branch shipwrecked on the beach…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I often use photos to help me come up with the words I want to use. It helps me compare the images I create with words to the actual image I saw.

      Delete
  3. Your photos and poems always leave me with a hunger to go to the river to walk, listen, and breathe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that! My whole purpose for writing is to share my love of nature and encourage others to get out there and enjoy it too!

      Delete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...