Sunday, May 21, 2023

Magical Medicine for My Soul

 


Dear Mother Nature,

I just wanted to express 

my thanks to you 

for the constant care you wrap around me.

Your fresh air cleanses my body

as I release stress and anxiety into your winds.

Your beautiful blooming flowers

color my world diminishing the gray gloom of my mind.

That absolutely glorious sun

energizes me with its life-giving powers.

Your flowing waters create cascading melodies

washing calm into my being.

Thank you for offering all of yourself to me so unselfishly.

Being in your presence

is magical medicine for  my soul.

I certainly don't say it enough- 

so THANK YOU.

With great love,

Your child- Cathy



I was reminded this weekend about the power of nature. Spending time in the sun amongst beautiful flowers with a warm fresh breeze tickling my face, just washed away the tenseness of the past week. My whole spirit feels so different than it did a day or two ago. I have always known that being outdoors is my comfort place. So I am expressing my gratitude to Mother Nature for all that she provides for me. 


Poetry Form: Epistolary Poem -a poem that reads as a letter

No comments:

Post a Comment

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...