Sunday, July 16, 2023

Chameleonic Fruit







White

petals

fall away,

white upside down

teardrop berry enlarges each day

palest tint of pink blushes over young skin

overnight maturity to vibrant red announces to the world- "Look! I am ready."






















The other week from my CSA, I received a strawberry plant. I have watched it grow. Yesterday, I did some nature journaling and really focused on the berry. It was a large teardrop shape with a green-white hue. However in places, there could be seen the slightest touches of pale pink. Today the entire berry is a cotton candy pink. I believe when I wake up tomorrow, after a day in the sun, the berry will be ready for the world to enjoy. Hoping to see vibrant red tomorrow so I can enjoy its sweetness. Yum!


Poetry form: Fibonacci Poem

  • 1 syllable for first line
  • 1 syllable for second line
  • 2 syllables for third
  • 3 syllables for fourth
  • 5 syllables for fifth
  • 8 syllables for sixth

No comments:

Post a Comment

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...