Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Mesmerizing with a Dance of Light

In the darkness, flashes of golden bright


like mystical fairies

flying through the summer night.

A bit of nature's magic

showering us with delight.

Igniting joy while

mesmerizing with a dance of light

in single blinks to ignited flurries

oh what a truly enchanted sight!


There is nothing better than sitting outside at twilight and catching the light show put on by fireflies. There is something magical about it. With each blink, a bit of joy is kindled in me. Sitting in silence, watching light dance around the yard is a pure joy of this season. I plan to soak it up each night I can. 


Poetry form: Magic 9


Photo Credit: Photo by Marek Piwnicki: https://www.pexels.com/photo/light-dawn-landscape-nature-12966921/



1 comment:

  1. I have never written a Magic 9. I liked the word choice and rhyming in your poem. I love fireflies, and this reminded me of my childhood summer nights.

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...