Saturday, March 20, 2021

Guardians of Spring’s Door



Small guardians of Spring

poke through the remnants of leaves and snow

Proclaiming its arrival

in a vibrant golden glow.





Glancing out the window into my backyard, my eyes are drawn to a pop of color low on the ground. I realize it is a large patch of crocuses in their first bloom of the year.

It is nature announcing in a vibrant, energetic voice- “SPRING IS HERE! Come and see the renewal of beauty to this brown and gray land.”

I am so excited to do what I do each Spring. I go out and admire these small but strong flowers. Such a combination of delicacy and yet the power to rise.  

I salute these guardians of Spring’s door and celebrate your return with joy.






4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Cathy. The crocuses and your poem make me smile! Welcome, Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a natural in nature. I love how you express what you see. I am not a nature-girl, so I will live vicariously through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donnetta. You actually touched on my goal to bring the joy of nature to others who may not experience it that way.

      Delete
  3. The JOY of Spring! I can feel it here.

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...