Friday, March 26, 2021

Skyscrapers of the Woods

 



Skyscrapers of these woods

-only the penthouse views 

are encased in greenery.





Looking up towards the blue sky and glowing sun, it struck me that only the very tops of these coniferous trees proudly fanned out green needles.

The remainder of the tree was a skinny, bare, straight trunk. Hardly any branches reached out from this tall column of arbor. Yet, it kept reaching higher battling for the light of life.

Standing there, looking up, I felt so small.



2 comments:

  1. Love the visual of skyscraper penthouse...I appreciate the fact that I will always be in the low rent section...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I like the picture and the verse you've put with it! As coincidence would have it, I'm working on a poem about the same thing. Thanks for sharing this. ��

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...