Thursday, March 11, 2021

Two Seasons Intertwine

Two seasons intertwine-

last vestiges of snow

diminishing,

            hydrating,

                        heralding,

the squishy, squelchy mud.

- Two seasons intertwine. 



A day in March can be such a confliction. Winter and Spring vying to see who can triumph.


Still cold, brisk breezes battle the sunshine warming the air and ground

Icy, slippery, shady paths compete against the inches deep, slip-slidin’ mud encased steps 

The silence of the woods tussle with the chirps and tweets of returning birds


Winter and Spring wrestle with each other throughout the day.

I choose to be a peacemaker. I will savor the last of the snow and crisp air before it fades for another year. I happily welcome with arms wide open the hopeful signs of Spring and its soon to be arrival.

No need for conflict... just conciliation.

6 comments:

  1. I love you have crafted this post describing both season’s presence at the same time. I also love that you choose to be the peacemaker in this turf war. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Cath-
    Captured the essence of walking in the woods on these glorious days that give us the "fever" fully knowing we will revisit the blankets of silent white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow is a challenge sometimes but oh so wonderful the moisture that it gives! I love the idea of the seasons intertwining & that you show the acceptance of both as we meander through March!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your image and poem go so perfectly together! I'm wondering which came first...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photo came first. I take many photos while out on walks or hikes. Then I pick out one that “speaks” to me and I write from there.

      Delete
  5. Love that squishy, squelchy mud! We are experiencing plenty of that this spring.

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...