Wednesday, December 22, 2021

A Whispered Wish

A garland of white 

lays gently atop the glossy, serrated leaves 

as vivid ruby berries 

adorn the thin brown branches.

Mother Nature whispers,

“Merry Christmas” to the world. 



Finally, last weekend snow covered the ground-at least for a few hours. It looked so beautiful cascading to earth. As I paused in my wrapping, I glanced out the window. I noticed that my holly bush looked like it had been decorated for Christmas. The snow was captured by the leaves allowing it to encircle the bush. The red berries were clustered in groups adding vibrancy to the darker green. It seemed that nature was prepared to join in the joyous celebration of Christmas. 

Thank you Mother Nature for making me see the beauty in the season and the gift of recognizing the joy in small things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...