Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Beautiful or Horrific?


 First dusting of snow,

Beautiful or horrific?

Choose your perspective.


Recently, the first snow of the season happened overnight. In the morning, I was struck by the quiet beauty that had covered the world in the darkness. With the sun just beginning to rise, a light blue tint colored the morning. It started my day in such a positive way- being surrounded by the beauty of winter.

Upon arriving at work that morning, I realized not everyone felt the same way. Many colleagues were grumbling about the snow, cold and slipperiness. When checking my social media, the dissing of the first snow continued with total annoyance that more is definitely to come over the next few months.  I was not totally surprised by this because I know many people who live in my state do not enjoy winter at all. 

The differing of opinions showed a stark contrast. It truly is all in your perspective. Do you see it as beautiful or not? Will your next few months be filled with complaining or joy as we progress through winter? 

Well, I vote for looking for the joy in the blankets of snow and the beauty that only exists during this season! What will your perspective be?


1 comment:

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...