Sunday, November 21, 2021

Bathing in a Forest

Dipping toes into fallen gold leaves,

Submerging beneath bare tree limbs,

Washing with nature’s cool breath,

Soaking in the silence,

Scrubbing away stress,

Rinsing with sun,

Laundering

my soul-

Cleansed


To begin my Sunday morning, I went forest bathing for the first time.  This means taking in the forest through our senses. It is not exercising but just being in nature and connecting with it through our multiple senses. 

I am thankful that Yoga with Linda offered this experience today. A small group of us walked, meditated and journaled out in the woods. We sat under the blue sky surrounded by crunchy, dried fallen leaves and soaked in the sounds, sights and smells of nature surrounding us. As I sat there, I could feel my muscles relax and my shoulders lower. I was able to let stress of the week go and feel refreshed by the end of our time. I definitely felt cleansed.

**During our journaling time, this nonet poem began to take form.  A nonet poem has 9 lines. The first line has 9 syllables, the second line has 8, the third has 7 and so on until the last line has 1. **



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a wonderful experience for you. Sorry to have missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love how you used the-ing bathing terms! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to do this! I love the nonet form. It's a friendly one to poets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Cathy! Being outdoors, even for a little bit, is so beneficial to our wellbeing.

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...