Thursday, April 21, 2022

Grazing for Spring

 


Green buds open,

paper petals

pepper the sky-

morsel of Spring.


Golden clusters,

constellation

of vibrant stars-

morsel of Spring.


Rising green waves

cresting over

dead leaf litter-

morsel of Spring.


Petite sunshines

climbing rock walls,

wishes to come-

morsel of Spring. 



It has been a gray, cold April here. The other day was sunny (still cool)but I was beckoned outside. As I walked, I noticed small notions of Spring. I was grazing to remind myself that Spring really is here and days of warmth and sunshine are near.  I was filling myself with images of a variety of leaves poking through brown dead leaves, flowers blooming and trees buds opening. Each time I spotted a new sign more joy and hope filled me. At the end of the walk, I felt full of energy. I was so thankful that nature fed my soul today.


Poetry form:  4 X 4 ( 4 syllables, 4 lines and 4 stanzas)



No comments:

Post a Comment

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...