Thursday, May 5, 2022

Master of Survival

 


How to Be a Dandelion


Be a master of survival.

Bring beauty to unexpected places.

Don’t surrender because not all see your worth. 


Settle into cracks, crevices and crusty soil.

Send down strong roots and spiky, green leaves up.

Don’t cower in these unknown places.


Bloom bursts of sunshine.

Stand strong and proud.

Don’t hide in the shadows.


Die valiantly golden warrior.

Carry wishes on the breeze.

Do celebrate seeds of hope.


 The other day it was actually sunny and warm so I decided to soak up some sun while doing backyard yoga. While laying on my yoga mat, I gazed across my lawn that was sprinkled with golden confetti. The dandelions were in full bloom celebrating a beautiful spring day. The vibrant yellow splashed against bright green grass was joyful.

I realize that not everyone values dandelions. I honestly do enjoy them. I admire how they grow in unexpected places like cracks in the sidewalk. I view them as wildflowers and not weeds and welcome their sunny faces in my yard or gardens. And even as an adult, I like to make wishes as I blow their fluffy white seeds into the air.

Next time you see dandelions, take the time to notice the beauty they bring to the world.


Poetry form: How to Be….




No comments:

Post a Comment

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...