Monday, May 23, 2022

Startling, Magical Triumph

Barren and changeless                                                    

over months and months on end

METAMORPHOSIS-

startling, magical change

Signals life triumphs again.







This Bonsai tree has been in our home for 4 years now. Each December, it loses all of its green leaves. I keep it in the window through 5 months and it looks like a barren tree. My daughter commented that it looks like I am growing sticks. 

By now you think I would have learned the magic of this small tree. As the months of April and May pass, I doubt that this tree is still alive.  There is no change and my doubting increases with each passing day.  I wonder if it has finally died. Then as if by magic, one morning I notice the smallest green thread reaching out of the end of a branch. This sudden change always brings me such joy! I know that this plant has survived its life cycle again. More and more thin green leaves appear and grow a little broader each day.

Thank you little Bonsai tree for the reminder of rebirth after times of desolation. 


Poetry Form: Tanka Poem

Japanese poem with a syllable form per line of 5,7,5,7,7.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...