Sunday, November 27, 2022

UNTIL...


                                                                  \













Frigidness,

biting bitterness

whipped through the day

UNTIL

.............. I stood in your presence.

Warmness,                                                                 

 beautifying brightness

diminished the harshness

UNTIL

..............  I was filled with comfort and peace. 


"Should I go for a walk?"  This thought was rolling around in my brain last week Saturday. It was a sunny morning but due to gusty winds the temperature felt like 7.  There was a tug-of-war going  on in my mind- "YES- go because it is actually sunny!" vs.  "NO- it is freezing out there!"  Well, the sunny thoughts won out so out the door I went. 

I was certainly cold as I walked into the bitter wind. Then I turned a corner and was facing right into the sun. I could feel the sun's warmth on my face and it made me smile. I also noticed the beauty around me as sun light diffused through yellow leaves as well as highlighted red berries dangling on branches. The sun's presence changed my entire feeling and outlook on the day. 

As I continued walking, the words for this poem formed in my head. I worked on it as my feet led me home. The rhythm of the walk guided my editing of word choice. I recorded the words on my phone so I would not forget them before having a chance to write them down. So grateful that I pushed myself out the door this morning because this walk made me notice the wonderfulness of our sun and be so grateful for its presence. 

My wish for you is the next time the sun shines down on you, may it bring you comfort and peace.  

1 comment:

  1. Love how you pushed yourself to the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...