Sunday, September 12, 2021

Reiterate Wishes



Wishes

spring from

what could be...

A betterness

A kindness

A happiness

A lovingness

A peacefulness

An easiness

A hopefulness

A healingness

A successfulness

for you,

             for me, 

                        for the world.


Ever since I was a little kid, I loved to blow the seeds of dandelions into the wind. I would close my eyes, take a deep breath and exhale across the fluffy whiteness of these seeded dandelions. As I exhaled, I would make a wish or two believing fully that the magic of nature would make them come to pass.

As I was walking the other day, I saw a few of these white fluffy balls alongside the path. I decided to indulge in my previous practice. I bent down, plucked one from the ground and held it before me. I closed my eyes and thought about what wishes would be. Then I blew directly into the ball releasing seeds into the air. I put faith into each small parachute seed to plant my wishes into the soil wherever it landed and help them blossom. 

Take a moment to indulge in the joyous childhood practice…what would your wishes be?


Photo Credit: Felicia Hutter






No comments:

Post a Comment

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...