Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Behold the Beauty


Dapples of burgundy

Swishes of gold

Daubs of ruby 

Brushes of orange

Splashes of chestnut

Shades of emerald

Framed by pond and sky

- an autumnal masterpiece to behold.


I am in awe every autumn when surrounded by the amazing foliage of Western New York. It is my favorite season in part due to nature’s artistry.

I stood looking out across the pond and felt like I had been dropped into a framed landscape in a museum. The colors were so vibrant with various hues highlighted by the sun’s rays. The pond and sky were a natural frame to the spread of trees before me.  I just stood and admired for many moments.

I wanted to capture this view as a reminder of the season’s beauty. I used my camera to snap a photo or two but these images do not do the scene justice. The human eye can see the real beauty.

So if you live where the leaves change color, go outside, look around and behold the beauty!

2 comments:

  1. Cathy! The photo is gorgeous and so are your words. The beauty of autumn never ceases to amaze and inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, that is a beautiful picture, despite it not doing the scene justice, and the poem is wonderful. "The nouns of autumn!" I'm looking forward to Leaf Season getting here to Alabama in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...