Friday, October 22, 2021

The Beauty in an Ending

Released from unsustaining tethers,

golden confetti

downwardly chassés

celebrating

autumn’s final

vibrancy.

I was standing on a trail looking up through the trees towards the sun. Suddenly, a strong autumnal breeze shook the leaves releasing golden flutters into the sky. It was so beautiful as golden leaves glided from side to side on their way to their final resting place. I felt as if Mother Nature had tossed confetti into the air in celebration of the lifecycle of these leaves. They had reached the end of their time but were ending their lives in pure beauty, grace and peace. I was so thankful I was a part of this moment and shared in the calmness that pervaded the forest around me. 


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful poem. I love the idea of Mother Nature tossing confetti! (She must be a Teach Write member!) We are still waiting for some color here although the temperature has turned finally.

    ReplyDelete

The After Tears

The storm has rolled out, an ordinary calm carries in on its coattails. All looks right in the world until a subtle rustle  and plink-ploppi...